Meet Dr. Darrel Gilbert
Darrel J. Gilbert, DDS
I decided to become a dentist because it involves a challenging combination of science and hands-on skill. Being able to help people feel good about themselves is very rewarding to me on a personal and professional level. I love to learn from my patients and I always pursue the improvement of my skills. It is my hope that the office environment my staff and I create helps form strong relationships between our caregivers and patients.
Education & training
- Emory University, BS in Chemistry with Honors, 1976
- Emory University School of Dentistry, DDS, 1981
- Clinical Instructor, Emory University School of Dentistry
- Clinical Instructor, Boston University School of Dental Medicine
- The Pankey Institute for Continuing Dental Education, Graduate
- Nash Institute For Dental Learning, Graduate
- The Kois Center, Graduate
- The Dawson Academy, Graduate
- The American Academy of Facial Esthetics for Botox and Dermal Fillers
- American Dental Association
- Georgia Dental Association
I believe it is very important to keep up with the ongoing advances in the dental care field. Continuing education is a fixture in my career. It helps me to see the needs of my patients and the best ways to care for them. I participate in the Advancing Dentistry Through Science program at the Kois Center, The Pankey Institute in Miami, FL, The Dawson Academy in St. Petersburg, FL, the Nash Institute for Dental Learning in Charlotte, NC, and the American Academy of Facial Esthetics. I am also a member in good standing of the American Dental Association and the Georgia Dental Association.
I owe a great deal of success to my team members. I cannot do it alone. I have hand picked a staff, second to none, who have been with me for a long time. You WILL notice the difference because they do care. Check out the section under Meet The Team to get to know them.
Life at home
I am a native of Rockaway, New York, but my home is here in Sandy Springs. I have lived here for more than 30 years, raising a beautiful family with my wife, Wendy. Our two sons, Russell and Perrin, are grown and on their own. We also enjoy the company of our Portuguese Water Dog, Diva. I like to stay fit by keeping up a running routine, and I love a relaxing round of golf or a quiet day of fishing. I also like to travel.